Monday, December 12, 2016

guess who?





It’s Been Awhile

 
     

         Since I have last written.  I have been lax and at same time just taking a break, re-evaluating what I am doing. Making sure that I am trying to be the person I write about in my blogs. I have no intentions of being fake or unrealistic. I have no one to prove anything to except myself and that can be a task at times.  So I am on a dating site, called POF, Plenty Of Fish  , which I am sure a lot of people have seen or used, in fact I just read a study the other day that said that 30 percent of the people on the dating sites are in fact married.  No wonder you can’t meet anyone on there. Always someone is trying to game someone else. I digress, as what I really want to do from here on out is document my house building. I will take you back to when I started and will hopefully carry you all the way through to a point in time when I have done all that I can do the house , I can possibly do. In those terms I doubt if I will ever reach that point so I guess you could say that my blog will probably go on indefinitely.
        So in that sense I will chronologically bring you up to date with pics and progress I have made to date. I am also finding out as I go along that this is also an exercise in getting my shit together, so to speak. I have had to make changes to my present living situation in order to accommodate my future needs. I have had to install a new wood heater, rebuild the chimney after having it collapse on me. I have installed of all things a clothes line , to dry my clothes and in winter I dry them by the wood stove. It works and it is great because I am sure I am saving AEP American electric power a shit ton of coal every time I cheat them out of a kilowatt of power. I would like to think I am just getting started. Last month’s bill was 1 dollar. Unbelievable but yes it is.
      What it actually amounts to is an estimated bill that was finally brought up to date. They had overestimated my usage and I actually came in with less kw’s than they actually estimated. What gets me is they have the ability to read the meters without even getting out of the vehicle. They just need to get close enough. We have a drive within ten feet of the power pole, and yet they have to estimate. As people say go figure, might as well they didn’t. It cost 41 cents to mail the bill. Hope they don’t get too rich on their 59 cents this month. I am sure the electric will be back up next month. This is the time of the year when AEP threatens all the back due customers so that they can get federal heap dollars to repay back bills. First they have to threaten a shut off before heap will help with emergency funds.  Oh well someday my goal is to not have to buy anything but internet service to keep me on the grid. I have no desire to make a monthly rent payment to AEP or any other utility. It is just like paying rent only with a gun at your forehead. If you don’t pay, your food spoils in the fridge because you have no electricity. You can’t shower or shave, and basically if you were in jail you would be much better off. at least paying rent , it takes 3 months without payment to throw you out of your house. Try living three months without electricity. I am going to try.
      My plan is to invest in solar , wind, bio-gas , or any other technology that will eventually allow me to gain whatever from nature to provide the necessary electricity I need to heat and cool my home as it will exist. What I have to look at is that I have an income from social security that will never increase beyond cost of living allowances. Most times these increases are behind the actual inflationary values, and will fore3ver doom me with less value for my money as I age and need it more. so I need to spend money to eliminate any extra expense I can , so I can do more with what I have. Easily said, harder done.
        So I plan on using the format where I post pictures and directly below the pictures I will give a thorough explanation of what you are looking at. I will try and brief as I have to do all editing myself directly on the blog. And in the main body I will have a discussion and it could be about anything the title might suggest. The title should be an indication of what the discussion is about. It may not always be related to the building of the house, and could include any subject I have covered thus far, and also some new 




just a pretty pic, from somewhere in pennsylvania. 
the above pic of my house is from 7-2015 . at that time i had was still contemplating where to build , design considerations , etc.. this pic is from 10-31-2015 , and i have finally decided that in fact i am just going to add on to what is existing and then subtract what i dont want want after i finish building. in the meantime i will have a place to live . my old place as it still exists today is an old chicken house from sears (the rounded part) and a trailer combined . this is not my doing . instead something that has been bequeathed to me in a manner of speaking. it is nothing i would ever do and that is tie a trailer to anything. i hate trailers. but it is a roof over my head. it is a place to lay my head till i can build better . so here i am using the tractor to excavate out soil in the area where i am going to build. sears and roebuck used to build and sell chicken houses as well as a real house you could buy from their mail order business and have delivered to your building site . the top part of the house part was a chicken house unit , that grandpa bought in late forties and built it on top of the foundation of concrete blocks. peeps at most were kept in there at different times. and people lived there over the years for the most part. we had  an outhouse that served as the toilet for years till my brother jim modernized the house by attaching the trailer. it is an abortion and i hate it. did i say that before?  i will go into why i needed to build here as i add more pics and also describe my considerations i had toi take into account. i will also get into more about how long it is going to take me to finish at least the main part, and some of what i am going to have to do to make it happen . 


 i am going to try and chronicle all changes from the pics i have and bring you up to date.

No comments: