Monday, August 14, 2023

 

JUST ANOTHER DAY


        Or is it? Have been to Arizona and California and back again for last 3 years and have no9t wrote much. We sold the farm, we being the family members who were left after Mom and Dad  had passed. It wasn't pretty by any means but necessary. It was hard getting rid of everything and moving out. But it has been over 3 years and I have said little on the blog about it. I have tried to reconnect but it was hard getting set up to do it.  And just doing it. 

     Which is where i am now as i once again begin to pound away at my old keyboard in the pecking style i have been familiar with. My plans to write isnt wityh any forethought so please bear with me as i get my sea fingers back under me. I live in Pikes Peak  campground which is north of the Kimboltom  exit of I77 in a trailer that is situated in a gated comunity. Sounds funny but it has its features including a swiming pool that is nice and open all summer long. I have a nice tan a i daily try to swim to improve the circulation in my legs. my ability to walk any distance has been hindered by circulation problems. I refuse to let it stop me and swimming is helping me. another reason to return tyo the keyboards is to daily get my dose of organized thought it takes to write a short story or experience. 

    There are still things i need to say and hope mi can convey them in a clear way. So  let"s  start. I will include pics of my California trip including seeing Sequoia National Forest.


         This is a picture of the General Sherman tree that is the largest tree in volume and height in the world . 






It is hard to imagine these trees are up to 2500 years olad or more . This is another pic from a different view of the General Sherman tree. This one also shows that this is a grove of these old virgin trees. Since i visited the park , global warming has showed that these giants are vulnerable to fires and at one point they had to cover the base with tinfoil because of sparksadvancing from below. they also suspended tourism for a week till the threat of fire subsided. 


          I am going to stop at this point and will continue with my California trip the next time i write. I would like to go into my personal thoughts as to how this park is run. Positive suggestions to handle the masses of tourists visiting the site.

 

No comments: