Friday, June 13, 2014

wireless as it should be?

Its five in the am can’t sleep and internet doesn’t work



 forerunner of modern communication -get off your ass and visit people by whatever?

         And did I forget to mention it is Friday the thirteenth, and a solar flare the likes of what, we have not seen before by some estimates is about to envelope the world and disrupt communications as we know it and rein down radiation or so they say. Probably wouldn’t matter if you are inside or out as the effect will be invisible and penetrating, but nothing that hasn’t really been going on since time began, just not to this scale. Guess it has already started with my wireless service or is this all a ruse for the internet providers to get a break for their poor service. Again I woke up to poor service after a rather sleepless night. At an early morning hour I just like to read and when you are stuck on one screen forever I just sit and fume and feel as helpless as I am about what is going on, as if me stressing over the internet is going to help. It doesn’t.
         I just took my time though and installed all those past window updates, relinquished control of the location of my Wi-Fi device and appear to be getting uninterrupted Wi-Fi. At this rate I should chew up my 5 gigs of data in no time. Well you know how they say they record the conversation or so they warn you, in my small mind, I can imagine a supervisor listening in on our conversation between me and Amanda the Miss Perky know it all talk around technician who has definitely developed a coat of arms to save her from the verbal accusations that her company sucks at times. This conversation between her and I was at the least irritating and memorable, and surely the supervisor will admonish her rudeness after I hung up on her. Yeah, sure when pigs fly. But surely someone understood my plight as it was in no time that it was fixed. They must have knew that logging in and checking security status alone counts as data used and that I was pissed that I couldn’t surf with the best, and they thinking I may finally be at my last straw and would actually consider dumping their dumbasses in favor of something that actually work. A quick memo by the supervisor was jotted down and sent down to the tech service department,  then I could just see them grabbing the memo and writing out an emergency work order with the coordinates of my Wi-Fi location, jumping into a taxi to the airport and flying to the closest cell tower at those coordinates, again taking a cab and arriving at the cell tower. As he opens a security gate and suits up in a climbing harness, suit, tie, and all flopping in the wind, grabbing a pipe wrench and starts scaling the 180 foot metal monolith of a steel tower scraping the sky with its obvious point and a satellite dish near the top. He grabs the crescent wrench and bangs on the dish aiming it at my coordinates while instantly restoring my signal, and also doing and some fine tuning as he is hanging in the wind over the edge of the tower with a flashlight stuck  in his mouth in the dark and the rain, just for me. Well maybe I doubt he did all that especially with feminism and workplace equality in use. It was probably a woman who had to make the trip and it had to happen somewhere between 1 and four, who cares who did it, it needed done, it works for now anyhow.
makes me so mad i could carve pumpkins with a chainsaw. 

      Below is my Facebook post regarding my conversation with the technician Miss Perky Amanda bitch that I posted on Facebook after I hung up on her. To me any news of the internet is fair game as we need to keep this avenue of self-expression free for all to enjoy no matter your belief.

don't you just love wireless providers? i called t-mobile to complain about their poor service which 80 percent of the time is good. it is that 20 percent i pay for i would like to be able to use when and how i want but cant due to whatever? she asks if i use it anywhere but where i am at now and i tell her no as i really don't like to drag my laptop around. she says well if you drive seven miles north you will get signal. and i am thinking that if i drive seven miles north i will pass MC Donald's with free WiFi then i don't need t-mobile but i inform her that i just want to use it here and she asks if i have moved the WiFi around to get better signal.
wow this takes me back to good old days when you used to have to turn the antennae to get good TV signal. i inform her that i have no intention of moving my WiFi from the position it is in now and i really don't want to stand in yard with aluminum wrapped around my head playing lightning rod. she said she never expected me to but told me their system is designed to be used on the go. i said that means you have no real solution to your poor service and that if i want satisfaction then i should choose another carrier. she said they have no other options and i hung up since the conversation was going nowhere. guess when you pay them cash you get bumped for the contract WiFi 's and phones when the towers are loaded. cash isn't worth much now a days when they could have blood.
·         

      It would be so easy based on your telephone access number to individually limit a person’s ability to access the internet or as far as that goes any computer tied to the net with ID numbers. Wireless would be especially vulnerable as who can tell where that signal goes or if it is even working except you have poor service. Seems I have had plenty of that. And when things get busy you want to take care of high priority customers with say four phones in a framily plan . Who do you think is going to get bumped by some teenager playing angry birds on a contract plan?  Don’t doubt they have an app for customers who use the internet to much and probably send you through the NSA net, and I don’t mean no strings attached, just to see what you are up to.  But then again you would think that it would be in their best interest to sell me all the data I could want.  Then they wouldn’t hear from me. And I would think I wasn’t wanted for my money anymore. Even at that I might have to find another wireless carrier to complain about. All they need to do is what I pay them for, and I will be happy, maybe. 
       Also i would like to say and invite all who still need tomatoes or knows someone who needs tomatoes to stop by after calling or texting first to 2345213984 and Yockey Farms greenhouse will give away for free six packs of heritage tomatoes and a very limited amount of flowers are  available, these are all annuals. this will  be today and tomorrow only. last chance. first come, first serve, would rather give away than compost. 

No comments: