Saturday, September 17, 2016

going to see the wizard of hot air!!!



My Trump Rally Experience



       To say it was boring wasn’t really the reality of it. In fact from the time I arrived I was surrounded by people making remarks and wondering why I would come and take the chance. Freedom of speech will make you a target whether you want to be one or not. I parked by what I thought would be a safe spot, l after I thought I was getting there early for a 7: 30pm speech that actually started at 6:30 pm and I felt I was late at a little after 5 as parking was already becoming hectic. Some were gawkers looking to see what kind of people would be following Trump. This is something I wanted to know also and was part of the reason I went and protested. I doubt if I swayed any Republican votes but I wanted those folks who were on the other side to know our intentions were going to be represented.
     My first conversation with the young millennial lady was about parking for the rally, and then we turned to what we were actually doing there. I had drove around the block and figured the college parking lot would be my safest bet for parking and it was. We discussed the safety of that and how hectic it was, and quickly I informed her that I was here to protest and not really see Don the con as I saw one lady described him later and chuckled at her interpretation of why he should go to jail. . Anyhow upon finding out that I was protesting, the first thing the lady asked if I was a professional protester, saying  the Democratic party was paying people to protest and get their heads beat in at Trump rally’s to make him look mean.  I laughed only wishing I was paid or even reimbursed for the time I spent making the sign and buying supplies let alone getting my head beat in for free when I could have made a buck or two at it.  No I did this all on my own I told her. And she asked why. I told her I couldn’t think of a better guy to protest against that night and left the prick part of it out.



    She said good luck as I left the parking lot and I told her to enjoy. A nice misguided lady I thought.  I started walking to the front of the Civic Center about a block away and on a side street I noticed one guy giving me the thumbs up for the sign while another yelled at me. “What are you going to do up there to  cause trouble?”  I yelled back “express my first amendment rights, if there is trouble no doubt someone else will have to start it .”   then the guy yells back” go on ahead, go up there and see what you get.” I thought to myself, exactly what I had planned on doing. It was kind of strange as the closer I got the more Trumpers I encountered and the looks and sneers were getting more prevalent all the time.
      I finally made it past a couple of vendors one who was sympathetic to my cause but seemed content selling Trump paraphernalia to the Trumpers walking in and explained to me it was only a job. Finally I was at the main opening and the sign for the Civic Center on north Cleveland ave. I encountered a cheery group of Hilary supporters who like myself had come out to support anyone but Trump. There was one Democrat protester lady who would at times yell obscenities at drivers passing by, who were honking horns and waving flags and spewing their own form of hate back at her. People would come and take pictures of my sign and me including news crews, and some would ask me my opinion. At first I was a little nervous with all that was going on. I looked back at the line of vendors hawking everything from General Lee confederate flags to National Retard Association (NRA)  buttons making it all seem like a fair where the side show would have been a snake eating woman, and the fire eating man was Trump as he spewed his hate mongering to a wanting crowd. 


       I was impressed by the crowd size and I estimate that there had to be at least a couple thousand outside waiting to get in and for what I still ask?  There seemed to be someone yelling all the time reminding me of being in the lockup at Washington County jail,( another story for another time), where we had a detainee who did nothing but Yell all night long with never a minutes pause. To me this was very annoying and if there was someone I wanted to punch it had to be that guy. The voice yelling there always seemed to be the same one. Just one of those guys selling his Trump crap I assume.
     A couple of gay guys came holding hands across a busy Cleveland ave. wanting to get in line to see the wizard Trump, as if he was going to take them with him to Kansas. We laughed and egged them on. We didn’t actually egg them instead encouraged and laughed as they lip locked each other in front of everyone. And of course my camera was in my pocket. I never found out how successful they were at trying to get in. Another guy came up to me and quietly said he had a pillowcase and he was planning to go inside to see Trump and stand up and protest. He didn’t need the pillowcase and was afraid they would find it on him and so he wanted to give it to me and I could give it to someone else if they needed a protest sign. My thought was now great I have something else to carry. 


In this one you can see the size of the crowd as they stretched from the doors on the right to underneath the parking deck and back . these were the lucky or unlucky people who never were able to get in before they closed the doors.


      At one point it was picture taking time and so I and this one lady exchanged taking pictures of each other. Mine was shot in the wrong place and there seemed to be no one around.  But that wasn’t the case. We were actually in the thick of things. I was pretty much quiet till someone would ask me a question whereas some of the protesters were quite vocal at yelling insults, and we all laughed at the getting paid remark the one lady had asked me when I first got out of the pickup. I was also told my Trump sign I had carved into the hillside on our farm that said Trump sucks was seen on channel 5 at the local Cleveland station. It is huge about 2 football fields big. It took me an hour and half of joyous labor to make it right and be able to be seen by the planes flying overhead.  I never found out if this was true.
      Well it seemed to be all over as it was just getting started well.  I moved to the main sign and directly along Cleveland ave and sat on the sign ledge and held my sign pointing to cars passing on the road. A British broadcasting television crew stopped by and asked me a few question and went on, then came back for a more in depth interview. It was hard expressing myself unlike when I write. I was a bit tongue tied and maybe missed a chance to really spell things out. But then again maybe I did. Couldn’t tell you. Then again it may end up floating in cyber space never to be seen. My three minutes of fame slipped by me again. I swear I would never use lol on my blog but have to use it here as it accurately describes my feelings at losing my 3 minutes of fame. Again lol.
    We heard word that they were starting to shut the doors to people coming in and there seemed to be a lot of people passing us by with hated looks on their face as if their favorite dog  wouldn’t even come for a bone and that all they had to show for their 2 hours of standing in line to see the wizard was this damn t-shirt made in china that they had paid twice the price for that will shrink to half its size that has Trumps face plastered all over it as he tries to make America great again one redneck at a time. The insults and heckles became more numerous as they shuffled out of the Civic Center.  We had hoped to see the motorcade; instead we heard the mumbles and grumblings of hate directed our way as we were the first in line coming out of the place. The cops were plenty and seemed to have a handle on things and nothing ever started.
      One guy came over and sat down beside me and started talking saying I must have some big kahunas to sit out there and protest, just as a load full of haters were coming down the road yelling with a confederate flag in the back of their four wheeler calling me a communist for protesting which I found ironic with Trumps alleged ties to Putin and his death squad. I told him I never thought about anything but coming down and standing up for the other side. Expressing my first amendment rights which I feel are far more important than my second amendment rights that are antiquated as well the constitution and the Supreme Court in its interpretation of our constitutional rights concerning the second amendment. We had one shot muskets, not AK -47” in 1776. The most shots you could get off were one a minute max. You would have to ask the guy you missed to stand there so you could shoot at him again. You can empty a 30 round clip in about 7 sec from an AK-47. Automatic is the military version and semi-automatic is the public version still at 30 shots per minute a very more deadly gun designed for war not shooting up elementary schools like Newtown Massachuchets. What is the answer I don’t know but feel this election is about solidifying the gun lobby and enacting or eliminating more laws restricting gun use. They still think President Obama is coming for their guns.
     I would almost guarantee half the people there had never voted in an election before. There has to be a motivating factor to get them out in force like they were to see the wizard who has a lot of promises but nothing but hot air to fill the balloon to get them back to Kansas to make America great again. All they have to do is click their ak-47”s trigger 3 times to get them there. It was an opportunity to protest I would never pass up again if the conditions warranted it like this time.

No comments: