Thursday, April 25, 2019


Here I Go Again


        not going to use caps and all that fancy English language stuff tonight but will go back and ck spelling when finished. so save your comments for another time. just want to update those who know me what i have been up to. not much.
       i have found out i have to have a new hip after the last surgery on my back did not alleviate all my pain by a long shot. i did well initially after the surgery including swimming a half mile daily. but then i had to stop swimming because i couldn't walk to parking lot to get in vehicle and come home. from there over the last 4 mos. it has gradually became worse to the point i can barely walk 100feet, and not even that if i didnt have a cane to assist. the dr. wanted me to to have physical therapy again and i refused till i had an xray of my hip. they found out i had no cartilage left and that it was basically bone against bone with necrosis of the joint.
        he also mentioned it was beginning to be a problem in 2013 but i still had cartilage at that point. so 6 years later and one back surgery to correct, they think they may have found the source of my pain. on may 3 i am scheduled to have hip replacement on my right hip. so far the left seems to be ok. i guess the biggest disappointment in all this for me was the fact the medical profession with all their tools focused in on one area and fixed it and called me cured. making me think i was going to have to live with this residual pain the rest of my life. that sucked.
       and indeed if not for my insistence to keep looking for source of pain i may have been subjected to even more crippling possibilities. the modern medical profession has blinders on. no one wants to go out of the scope of the work they had intended to do or specialize in . mri and cat scans were taken of my back as well as xrays, but none went into my hip region with any clarity to call out any problems i might be having. to look at the whole person and source of the pain instead they focused on what they do best. patient wasn't important as long as i didnt die on or table.
       my quality of life has been slipping and limiting my ability to do things i used to do. i made up my mind to only chainsaw carve for myself and a select few friends understanding that i may never be able to resume my craft with the passion i did before. i did one carving last year for mom. glad i did . i placed it in the back yard and mom enjoyed it up until she passed away early last month.
       so here i am the tallest and biggest of the boys and yet i had to drag myself into the funeral home and couldn't be pall bearer for either my mom or my aunt fran who also passed away this year. losing mom was tough but we knew she could not keep going on the way she was. having lost mobility it was tough to see her confined to bed. several of my blogs were about mom and me sharing moments in time. i should have spent more time with her at last but was having a hard time getting around. the thought of getting into the jeep and getting out one more time was hard to take. i cant walk and have to use the lawn mower , the jeep or the golf cart when ti is running to get around.
        i also lost 10 ducks and my goose, gooser. the dogs had been hassling the ducks so they took up residence in the pond over the hill and daily i would t5ake the jeep and go over the hill and fed them in snow rain what ever. at one point i became stuck in a snow blizzard and couldnt get the jeep back up the hill. i had to leave the jeep and walk as hard as it was up to the top of the hill and just dived over the side and ended up in back of my house.; i stopped 3x to rest , refusing to sit down in snow and to keep moving after a moments rest. it was a tough trip. i made it. in the end the bitter winter froze over the pond and i am not sure if the ducks frozeto death or coyotes had them , but no traces of them were found after repeated attempts to find them. had i felt better i may have tried to move them over the hill and into a shed. they never took well to that shed although they were beside it all their life.
          but i have seen a return of 2 wild ducks to our pond that have nested around here before. i hope the dogs leave them alone but doubt that will happen. i still have racy and she hasnt changed much. or doesnt listen well either. plus other dogs have came into picture threatening not only ducks but also my chickens. i still have 7 . as far as eggs , racy has been getting most of them . but i have managed to find a nest i hope they use more and is safe from racy. i built a laying cage but racy busted into it and is still having her way. i would punish her or scare her but cant walk fast enough to get close to her when she is getting the eggs.


        this is a couple of pics of gooser and area of woods over thye hill after an ice storm . i miss gooser as he would talk to me regularly.


 this is a pic of a statue i did for a friend i worked for at beaver excavating when i was their.


      an artist who does sculptures in zanesville was visited by me again as i drove with a friend samantha to a seminar on growing wild edibles in woods environments , like ginseng and bloodroot. the seminar was at nelson ohio at wayne national forest headquarters. it was interesting , and learned a lot. but was for a younger person than myself .
      so here i am now and with samanthas help in the greenhouse we have 50 plus baskets of hanging flowers , petunias primarily and we also have some perennials we will have for sale this spring. the perennials are coming along nice and hopefully will be ready for mothers day or shortly there after. not sure on the price yet. but we are looking in the 10 -15 dollar price range. my colors were limited to primarily white and red. red attracts bees and hummingbirds. i will also be doing a large sunflower planting and other flower plantings for my bees which are thriving despite me.



         the above picture is a sculpture from the artist in zanesville . and from a view above bridges in zanesville the lower picture represents what the sculpture looked like from afar, taking into account the whole of zanesville.


        if you look at the red brick building in the corner of the roof you will see the the statue above. sorry the artists name i forget, but could find for you if you would like to visit his museum. well worth the time and money to get there.
        well my next month will be slow getting used to my new hip. being a combination of high tech ingenuity , i hope they left those nerve endings out that are causing me so much pain now. to just walk again would be nice.
         thanks to my new friend samantha and her help on the farm. she is a blessed soul and doubt that i would have had the integrity and drive she does at her age  to put up with my dumb butt some times. without her my life would have been harder and a lot less done. she gives me hope that there are some milenials out there that are more in touch with reality more so than some of my own generation. she understands the principal you have to give to get. give of yourself by helping others out and in return karma will bless her with many returns. i hope her life is filled with knowledge and happiness.  
         i am looking forward to writing a new book . i thought of editing the old one but instead would like to just move on , so to speak. my new book will be science fiction mixed with reality in a social experiment. a perfect society or is it? i dont know if i am going to post on my blog like the last one, but am still considering it. maybe i will start next month as i have to take it easy for awhile and gradually work my way into activity again. what a pain in hip or ass life can be sometimes. i am not complaining  too much , as i look on dating sites and see numerous women who are now widows at my age. this means they have lost their loved one and have to move on.
       i think i could take a hole in the hip better than a hole in the heart. i feel for those that have lost loved ones. mothers , aunts , fathers, brothers and sisters, whoever friend or foe , you never know how much you miss them till they are gone. 56000 hits on here and counting. thank you readers.  

No comments: