Wednesday, January 28, 2015

snow does hide winter's ugly

Everything seems so simple


babe's idea of criticizing me 

     
        Till you actually try and make it happen. My Craigslist find I was so excited about is still going to happen; only it is tomorrow instead of Monday as I originally had planned to do. Sunday’s snow storm definitely put a crimp in my plans, as most of you know; we were dumped on by at least 8 inches here. Snow isn’t much of a problem to us, except early in the day when I should have been leaving to pick up the pews.
    I just waited and called them and said I needed to reschedule for another time. This in ways was good as it did let me have a little more time to plan this expedition. And of course they didn’t quite understand that I needed more time, because they only received 3 inches of snow over there and everything was business as usual. Roads were clear, but they seemed to understand better when I explained how much snow I received over here. Yeah I could have tried it and ended up in a ditch some place, and in the end this free wood would end up costing me more.
     I did manage to make it out to my truck and actually measure the length of the truck bed as originally I was just going to use just the truck. Well the panels would stick out three and half feet past the end of the tailgate. Not bad but when you add in the length of the tailgate I am looking at 5 and half feet past the rear of the pickup, this is a little long. So after plowed the lane I set to thinking and weighing my options and decided to take the trailer with me.
    Also I decided to take along some help to help me carry and disassemble the pews before placing them on the trailer. My nephew will be going along to help me load and to remind me not to cuss too much. I have to be really remindful of myself when I am around these folks as inadvertently I let a few things slip. It isn’t that I don’t know better and usually I am capable of finding other words to convey my feelings like what the intercourse might be better or maybe human copulation might be a bit more acceptable, but no I go right to the meat and the bones of the subject let go with a good old fuck and maybe a fuck it afterwards, without even thinking just what the human copulation I am doing. You know what the intercourse I mean.
     Just yesterday I was trying to get trailer off the hill where it was buried in the snow, and I didn’t want to tear the low human copulating tires up. So I pumped up the worse one and started tugging on it in the snow backwards, almost a quarter mile down the hill with the tractor. I had a Charlie horse in my neck by the time I reached the bottom of the hill and one tire was starting to come off the rim, when I was trying to turn around the trailer,  and then I let loose with a couple of well-placed this and that’s , right there in the middle of nowhere where no one could hear it, or really give a damn about my pain or frustrations and I found in that place that place that my words meant nothing, and it was just my frustration at trying to accomplish something the way it should go instead, of the way it is going to end up, and that was screwed up. I meant off the human copulating rim screwed up. I managed to finally get the thing drug back to the barn and had to tug the human copulating tire off and take it and see if I could find another. I never did find a tire so, instead had to take one of the other trailer.  Today I will get the human copulating thing taken off one rim and put on the other. Why it is when it is church related you have to rob Peter to pay Paul, which is exactly what I am doing here.


two views of the same thing , my back yard


      I need to get lights and had to buy a ball and a new tarp as well from Harbor Freight and this cost thirty dollars. I did manage to find my entire tie down straps, and hopefully will be set to go at 7 in the am. The day is supposed to be warmer and this will be good to move these. That is as long as everything goes exactly as I have planned. This in part is kind of the reason I hate to go and do anything as it seems to always be a major event to get things done. Oh well the rewards will be nice if I can achieve the means. And that is what it is all about. To finally live in your space where no one but you has been able to plan and do. Most people never get this chance, and end up living in someone else’s dream or it may well be their partner  in crime and when that partner is no longer there , they finally wake up one day and find themselves strangers in their own home.

      I just want clear views of nature and I want to bring that in the house with me. As I sit here and write, I feel the warmth of the sun as it penetrates the trailers cold exterior and lands warm on my leg through the one good window I have facing south where the sun comes from, reminding me more to make sure the house is pointed right and there is plenty of window space to allow it to come inside. This is why a normal log cabin would never do. The sun is free, need I say more, you know how I feel about free. 

No comments: