Friday, June 12, 2015

lily takes on all dogs-fearless

Farm Update


was told clodette looks scary? 


      Well I just found my shift key where Lily my cat decided that the wireless keyboard I use to write with looked better on the floor than on my desk where she lays when I am not around to shoo her off. Gravity being what is and after dropping about 3 feet to the floor, it dislodged the shift key on my left side of the keyboard and I couldn’t find it. Even though you have two shift keys, try using just the right one. But this is not all the qualities that Lily has shown lately.


hibiscus

      Bowser my sister’s dog ran into the house last night and proceeded to make a terror of himself like usual, looking for food, and generally being a pain in the ass. Lily was not going to have any part of this. Apparently Lily had him trapped inside the house inflicting enough pain on him that he repeatedly cried for help. By the time I arrived after I heard him yell out, he had managed to get himself out but went crying back to mom’s house with Lily chasing him out the door.


peas

     I don’t know what happened but I am sure it had something to do with him getting to close to her kittens and being a mother she would have gouged his eyes out to save her babies. I don’t think it came to that, but hopefully it instilled some fear in that little shit and hopefully he won’t be in my house again. Love the little guy but he can be a handful at times.
    It was funny as I walked in the door to check on Lily and her babies, Lily acted like nothing happened and headed to her food bowl. Kinda thought she may have been taste testing the little dog to see if he was edible, instead just spit him out. From the way he was crying you would have thought she deballed him again.


6-10



after i had planted it 5-20




    Well my peas are blooming and it won’t be long before they set pods. , as well the potato tower is doing great with some shoots over a foot tall. The tomatoes in the tomato tower are over a foot tall with thick green healthy stems. My flowers are blooming great including my hibiscus. Also the Hawthorne tree is blooming beside the greenhouse allowing the scent of its lovely white flowers to hang gently in the air. The apple trees I managed to save from our fields that I plan on selling as deer plot trees is also doing well. I don’t know that even with the market for them that this is what I want to do with them. I may instead try my hand at starting to graft buds on these trees. I have an early harvest tree in the wrong place and would like to have a start of of it before I do away with it. it hangs over an access road where the dump truck continually snags it every time I go on the hill. It does have nice apples though , and maybe by grafting I can duplicate the tree. 

No comments: