Tuesday, November 24, 2015

thanksgiving yockey style




Our Early Thanksgiving

 back row : jr , faw , myself , brother jim
middle row: jasper, sherry, cousin brenda
front row: aunt fran, mom, and sister charly. 

 same place a different time ? about 32 years ago at best guess.
back row: myself, jr., jim , and brother faw
sherry, charly , and brother mike(passed)
mom , dad(passed) , and grandma(passed) 
sister jeanie not present in either pic.
      Mom wanted a Thanksgiving like we used to have at the town hall in Sandyville only we have it the weekend before thanksgiving as we did last Sunday and that way the family could all participate, at least those that didn’t have to work, and still some didn’t show up , but for the most part we had a turnout better than we expected. I will share some pictures of this thanksgiving of ours with you , and one of the past ones when we had our immediate family altogether in this same venue to celebrate an earlier thanksgiving when some of our family members who are in the picture are no longer with us. 


 this i what it looks like in a group pic when you have to be one of the crowd. 
 

damn , not a one is smiling. 
 
get my picture taken or eat some more. oh , the decisions. 
 



 the women of the family
 

those pesky neighbors of mine
 
willy and amy with mom
 
 
mom in her moment of honor
 

      Grandma and Dad, as well as my brother mike are no longer with us. All have passed on as well my grandpa which I doubt if he had ever made it to a Thanksgiving at Sandyville as we started having them at Sandyville years after grandpa passed on. My Uncle Wayne also is missing as he too has passed on , although him and Aunt Fran are not in the picture. All those who have passed on are deeply missed and their presence could be felt in the smiles and laughter of those present as you can see a little of all those missing in the faces of those young folks.
      Running and playing were the grandchildren and great grandchildren and mom’s face had to be sore from smiling and laughing, as well as her butt as she sat for picture after picture. I won’t share anything in terms of a family portrait as for the most part I was part of the family getting my picture taken, instead I will submit to you pics I took as we prepared to have a group portrait done from my perspective. As well some of our original family including my Aunt Fran and my cousin Brenda whom have always been an important part of our family as we grew up together, maybe not under the same roof but always just a phone call away.
       I would like to say something deep and thoughtful about family besides we put the dis in functional, but instead looking at how it all came down and how tasks were accomplished by all those there and a lot of it without anyone telling the other what to do, is why we are a functional family, looking at those coming up and seeing in those faces the wonder of a large family will hopefully keep them coming back to this place for a long time to come. Thanks Willy and Amy for being there and helping also.

No comments: