Wednesday, May 18, 2016

does A.C. = always choking?



Another Day, Another Problem  

cat house was busy this A.M.
     


       It just seems like when it comes to fixing things, one can never get to that point where you are ever caught up. I had worked on the Allis Chalmers c tractor I bought from online at Craigslist.  I have been trying to clear a problem up, with what I thought was the carburetor, where it would run perfect for a while then suddenly cut out or die on me. It would start back up, but it sometimes posed a problem with the tractor as a safety issue especially if when it cut out, it was on a hill. The tractor is an antique and antiques should be for people who can afford to search out and correct problems like that. I couldn’t pass the deal up originally thinking I could turn the tractor over with little or no work and make a few hundred dollars. Now I would just like to get my money back.
      And as I am wasting time on this tractor trying to get it ready to sell, I am now having problems with the Kioti tractor. Nothing major, instead an issue with the hydraulic control linkage. I have also torn that apart at least a couple times and it seems to be an ongoing problem with the loader part of the tractor. I have had to replace parts on this unit before and will probably have to do it again. The loader is still functional but is doing its best to piss me off.  What I wouldn’t give for a day when I had everything done and had to look around for something to do or work on. I guess as long as you have something to do you have no real reason to go anywhere else. 
      I look towards the end of my life and realize I may not be able to do a lot of things like work on a tractor, or even climb on one to plow snow on our long lane , change the oil or even know what a tractor is. The same applies to all other aspects of my life and how am I going to get along as good as I am now or even in a worse condition? Is my destiny going to be one of a nursing home, and having the help I need to just live another day? How can I avoid all that and possibly allow myself a full after as much as possible?
        I know I am still pretty young when it comes to worrying about things like that. Still when I start having problems with my back and realize my activity level is suffering from the pain, I see it as precursor to future problems. I am starting to look at every facet of my life and see if there is some way I can extend the quality of my life. Or should I just accept what fate has dealt me and just begin a life or working in smaller proportions like mini figures I cut out with a carving knife instead of a chainsaw.  I have set aside the next couple of years to build me a house so  I can live in alone, and  that is senior friendly, I am trying to cut down the yard space by emptying out the greenhouse of plants and trees and planting and landscaping the yard so I have to mow less, and still be able to enjoy the green richness our valley has to offer.
       It is frustrating when you spend all day working on something you have to and still not have it fixed. It seems as if that time is lost forever. Then on top of that you have to work on something else that has come up and is priority for one reason or another. It just seems that there is no end to the fixit plight.  I know it will all come in time , hopefully sooner than later. 


     So if you know someone who wants a summer project to play with, I have a 1946 Allis Chalmers model c tractor that I am selling for 900 dollars even. Has 1 tire leaking, tread is fair, will run and starts good, just cuts out after a while. Going to look at magneto problems, and see if it is maybe a condenser that is getting hot and shutting down. I will still work on it till I sell it or have time to work on it. But its priority is slipping very quickly. A piece of history. 








No comments: