Friday, July 25, 2014

took a break for a few days

Hey!!!! Im back 


           Above is a pic of the Ohio river at Sistersville Ohio which is where you end up when taking st. rt. 800 south to the river, they have a ferry there and for 4 dollars  you can load your vehicle onto the ferry and cross over into West Virginia. it is a really nice ride and very scenic. I recommend to anyone wanting to head out for a drive to nowhere in particular. 


     This is a picture of some work that Yockey Farms was doing as we install no maintenance rock mulch and move this rather large red bud tree accidentally planted in wrong place( they needed a place to heel in the tree or keep it over till they found a permanent planting spot. Well the problem with all that is sometimes you never get back and after awhile the tree grows. This is what happened and this was the most demanding aspect of our job here as it was quite a job just to get the tree dug out. I then had to move the tractor in to eventually give me enough power to move the balled tree. We moved it a total of about 10 feet. but with a tree this size, it may as we;ll have been 50 feet. Please dont call and ask me to do this again. I would rather sell you a tree. 

  picture of john helping dig out the tree. 




finished tree placement
        Well i am giving up carving at local events and will just carve at home. i am doing this as i renew my focus on my priorities as i try and reinvent myself again. seems like life is always changing . Goals are met and new ones are set, or possibly things are not working out the way you want , and try as hard as you might you give some things up. We are always changing. and when i grow up i will have to tell you just what it is i think i want to be. But i hope that isn't for awhile. I like keep my mind open to any possibility.
       Well will try and make a better effort to get back on track with my writing. please excuse my periods of enlightenment as I call it. Thanks for reading.

No comments: