Tuesday, May 20, 2014

after the party

After the Party


Our Family
 
       I would like to think a good time was had by all who attended my second annual Yockey Greenhouse Open House and hope it will continually improve as I go along. I think I am going to look for some vendors or crafty people to set up and next year. Already James is looking at becoming a blacksmith and running a small forge and offering wrought iron items for sale next year. I am thinking about building a small shed for him to work out of in a western fashion.
     Most of all we visited and I sold some greenhouse items and carved a bear I am still working on to give away to Olivia Regula , Martha , my friend’s niece. Mom pulled the name and was witnessed by a couple of people to assure we tried our best to be fair to all. Mom being the oldest in attendance at 6 o’clock did the pulling of names. We had some neighbors show up and a couple of now regulars show up also. I tried my best to get around and talk to them all. With the pre –sale and after sale I did ok, at least well enough to make me think about going through with it again next year. Linda Davila did a great job of catering for me and eliminated any headaches I might have had in that department. Her sweets were nothing compared to her generosity and I thank her for easing my load.
    Any thoughts I had about quitting the blog were quickly erased as a good portion of those that showed were folks that regularly read my blog. Their support is untiring and uplifting letting me know how important the power of a word especially when strung together in the right way could be. Although they may not share my plight personally, still it resonates in those that read it as they recount stories I have told, to their delight. This just doesn’t happen by accident, and I am aware of the effect my writing has on some. I am thankful for good health, a good place to be at this point in my life, and also for having abilities and skills in writing and art to not only entertain myself but others as well as we go through our lives together. Thank all that came and those who couldn’t make it, yet still follow me on a regular basis. Bless you all.
      Even Mudder my errant heifer, was curious enough to bother staying at home as she was interested in all the excitement of everything going on around the house. Once when someone mentioned her standing up on the hillside watching all going on, I told them to take a picture , they said you are not going to get rid of her are you? You couldn’t. I said no she just may not be there very long this girl likes to roam and maybe the neighbors might have more going on. We all laughed.



     I still have a lot of tomato plants left and if you know someone who needs a hand and could use some tomato plants, have them stop by and help themselves to the heritage tomatoes. Remember if you want trees, where to come and pick through the varieties I have, also my baskets are getting fuller every day as well and I still have some annual flowers available. Stop back and check out my flower plantings around the farm, mid-season for the bees and birds, just call first and we can get together. Mom enjoys the company. She had a great time visiting with friends and family and was excited about the whole thing. I hope I can be excited about anything when I am her age. Sometimes I take her for granted and at others I can’t appreciate what I have enough. All in all it was a good thing.

     It is hard to say thanks to all but James and Linda and Val did a lot to help me get ready for this open house and i am eternally grateful to them , and thanks again to all who purchased items or at the last showed up to see what was going on . Sometimes i cant say thanks enough to everyone.  

No comments: