Friday, May 16, 2014

more open house updates

Open house 2014- Yockey Farms Greenhouse-2nd Annual


     

      This rain has not been helping my plans at having the open house. We are having it rain or shine. If it is raining we will have to hole up in the greenhouse but I promise to have a nice fire going to warm us up in between the raindrops. I will be carving in between the times it rains and we will have food available. Depending on the rain, if it does rain all day by chance, then we will postpone the hayride if the sky looks onerous and may affect our ability to stay dry and safe.
      We will have food and coffee and water available. We have some young folks to carry your purchase to your car if you would like or need help. You are not required to purchase anything and the services I offer are to just make everyone’s visit a little more enjoyable. Just have a good time and enjoy the solitude of the farm, go for a walk ,  and don’t pee on the electric fence. It is a shocking experience. I would say take my word for it but that is one thing I have never tried in life but did witness a person doing it. It wasn’t pretty but must say funny.
     Temperature will be in the 50 – 60 ‘s , and will be good for me to carve. Will be working on the bear I plan on giving away as well as a totem I should have had done. Not really taking orders for my carvings as I can hardly keep up with the demand, and hate to disappoint people. Instead I do what I want and if I have time then whip out a few bears or carve at local fairs. It is a hobby and I just enjoy carving. Also I plan to install my carvings around the yard at my house in landscaped settings that you may enjoy year to year every time you come and visit at open house. I plan on installing gravel walkways and will be building container gardens as I want to encourage people to use your patio or flower garden for a dual purpose of providing for your family, even if it’s a small amount of the produce you normally consume. It would be fresh and handy just outside your back door.
       I have had real good success developing my own potting soil and stack it right up there against Hyponex and others with the difference of knowing what I have in there that helps make a difference in the vigor of the plants. We blend all the ingredients together, and so far has produced in flowers and tomato plants excellent color, and vigor. This I will be offering for sale for sure next year, and can help you this year except currently my stocks are low. After the open house I could surely meet your needs.
      I will also have topsoil available next year. This I mix 50-50 with the potting soil; to create the medium for the caged tomatoes I am offering at 10 dollars per pot. I have cheap soil available and pots if you want to pot your free tomato plants before leaving for a special low price. You can do the work yourself. As well you can take a look at my baskets or bring your own and pot up a basket of flowers or take home the flowers as I will have plenty of petunias in the wave style available for making your own basket. Also I will have readymade baskets available also.



     My trees will all be 8 dollars per tree and most will be marked and are looking great. My baskets will be 15 dollars and will be your choice for that price. I made up a variety of baskets and as I said before if you want to make your own then that will be 10 dollars per basket. I need to stop here for today as this blog is done in real time and post it, so will leave off here today and will bring you some more information tomorrow morning. Plan on coming to visit. And I will try and take time to greet you all. Enjoy be safe and be happy.

    All proceeds goes to help me preserve the arm that has been in our family and to help with my future garden plans. It isn’t much so far that I have made but believe me it all helps. Thank you for your interest. kev

My address is 7528 East Sparta ave. Magnolia Ohio 44643. take st., rt 800 south from canton five miles from i-77 Cleveland avenue exit to Pike township garage on right side, turn left at Yockey Greenhouse sign or East Sparta ave. and proceed to first lane on left or tin man statue and turn left onto drive. It is a long drive, veer to right as you come back. park where you can easily get out even if it is on lawn . areas are all wet. 

No comments: