Tuesday, November 5, 2013

another day another carving

Another Day, Another Carving





     Well yesterday my main focus was on getting me a different heat source for the green house and really lucked out on that one. Neighbor over the hill had a wood stove that was actually an add on for a furnace. It is missing the blower and thermostat but could easily be adapted. This thing is huge but still fit on the bucket of the tractor and thinking ahead I made the doors so that in the worst case I could take a panel down and then be able to bring the tractor inside the greenhouse if I wanted to. Well I wanted to and now have the woodstove sitting up on blocks and today I should be test firing it to see how well it does. It is an air tight and any heat wasted off the side of the furnace still ends up in the green house. So this may work well, I hope.
     Being able to keep heat in the greenhouse ill allow me to start the seeds earlier. I originally wanted to have the heat in the form of a radiator with the pipes in the floor. This I may still do as I can adapt this heater to that purpose if I wanted to. Just having sufficient heating capacity may be all I need to get seeds to germinate in early February. From now till February though I still need heat in the greenhouse though and will go from there, as it gives me time to tweak the system or come up with a better one by then.


looks a little rough but should clean up nice 



       I plan on growing out custom vegetable orders for plants like tomatoes and green peppers, will have some of those plants available but not in quantities like I did last year. I will be letting everyone know on Facebook when I am ready to take orders for plants  and will have to get back to you on pricing . As some varieties are more than others. I will explain that more thoroughly in my blog. So if there is a particular variety you would like or something special in terms of perennial or flowers you would like to see, feel free to drop me a line at kdavis3051@yahoo.com to submit your request , and I will try and see if I can get it ready by Mother’s day 2014.
        In addition to the wood burner I also plan on finishing an Indian sculpture I did of an Indian in a derby. I have seen photos of an old Indian who used to wear a bowler hat I think it is , and was a source of inspiration to me ,  so will do some grinding and some painting on the Indian sculpture if I get the chance.


No comments: