Monday, November 4, 2013

santa is done

Santa Is Done



      Below you will find pics of Santa I just finished as well pics of an Indian I am working on with a derby hat. These are all for sale along with bears I have recently finished. Trying to get some carving done to help ante up my woodstove budget for the greenhouse. Right now I am looking at possibly buying a double barrel woodstove kit and attaching to the side of my greenhouse. Have a lot of options as to how to make it work but just mainly just trying to get her done at this point. The nights are increasingly colder and although I have residual heat in the greenhouse, it too is getting colder.



      The main thing I know I that I have to use wood heat to make it work. The greenhouse is great in the winter and it provides me with a nice place to work in the winter. Other options I would like to explore are a hot tub I could place in there also. If I get all that I may never come out till spring at least.



      When I say wood has to be the only heat for me is the fact I had used propane for a short time to fuel a little furnace I own and wow did that cost me a small fortune in a little time. Wood is a renewable resource and this is the direction I would like to go. Right now is a poor time to get involved in a project like this , but I had little choice as the fall season kinda crept up on me and other projects kinda ran over Into this time period. Also I have been trying to make these projects work in a way it doesn’t affect my personal income. That too isn’t always possible. Whenever I make a little money I end up spending like amounts in improvements. No different than anyone else trying to get something going.
      So soon I will be taking orders for plants anyone would like grown out and ready in the spring. Some people look forward to Christmas , I need to look forward to February when I start taking the seeds and planting the individual trays I need to produce the seedlings for Mother’s day to plant in your garden hopefully. I plan on having an open house again this year and will be the primary time to try and pick up your seedlings as well as see what I have planted and grown out from the last year. This year I will have a wider assortment of trees with redbud as one of those trees. I have hardwoods as well some sugar maple and river birch will also be available. I am looking forward to our next planting season while most of you are just hoping to get through Christmas.  



  

No comments: