Saturday, November 16, 2013

my how time flies!

2014




     Never was crazy about 2013, I think it is the 13 number. I kinda like the even numbers better, and even better when they are the same paired number like 22, which happens to be my birthdate but then that always wasn’t so lucky as one girl I had went with decided to do my astrological chart and I soon found out I was born on the wrong side of the cusp and it was not going to work out. Wow what a convenient way to rid yourself of someone. Just do their chart.
    I couldn’t refute the astrological importance she weighed me down with as I was clueless about astrology. Hell I didn’t even know I was on the cusp. I just wanted love. She was 21 a year older than I, and I was still in college, kind of learning. I accepted that since she was older and much wiser in the world that our ability to get along was going to be severely hampered by this cusp thing.
        Cuss it anyhow.
       In fact if she had wanted a clear cut definition to any cuss word I would have gladly gave it to her at that point, you know words like bitch and asshole seem to top the list, but I not wanting to burn bridges I may have to cross again, I quietly headed for my V.W. beetle and put-putted away. Still reeling at how being born on the cusp was going to affect my young life.
       Just reflecting on 2014 though as being the year we celebrate our 40 year reunion, and I have made it to 3 of our five year reunions. This year we intend to go in with another class and celebrate both years together. It is kinda sad to do that in a way. We graduated quite a few people out of our class and several are still in the area. These are the people we are closest to. Not the class before us. Those were the buttholes who was trying to sell you elevator tickets and putting kotex in your lockers. Give me a break.
      Recently I took mom to her 65th class reunion, and they try and get together once a month to just have dinner and catch up, there is 8 of them from the East Sparta High School class of 49. They even let me have the honor of sitting and having dinner with them. I really feel privileged. But have to admit that part of the reason I am there is Mom.  Mom always has good things to say about her class and I think back in 49 there was only 20 or so kids graduate. But then they knew each other so well.
    Our class had pitiful turnouts and we never knew when they were having a class reunion so that is why we are so disconnected. Hopefully we all have Facebook or at least know someone in the class to invite so with our class and the one before we may be able to fill Tozzis on Twelfth Street up. We never had the camaraderie that existed between the classmates of my mom. We heard of the war effort, they grew up in it. They would have paper, aluminum, and metal drives also.  We had Vietnam and independence, and drugs. Is it a wonder we turned out like we did?


      Kind of look forward to 2014 and hope it is a year we turn things around and again are proud of who we are and where we come from. We do live in a good area of the country. Land of the serial killers, why shouldn’t we like it here? I am just kidding where Dillon and others have taken way too seriously. I think considering everything we didn’t turn out to bad at all.

      Anyhow I just wish we were more like my mom’s class where we have a standing invitation to show up and eat. If you want to, lie if you must, but still have a good time.  After all for the most part we spent 18 years together, that should stand for something.  We were an independent generation and I doubt it will ever happen but it would be nice if it did. 

No comments: