Thursday, October 2, 2014

another hayride anyone?

Fall is All about Changes


    

     This is one of my favorite times of the year and I plan on carving my huge pumpkin this year, as well we plan on having another hay ride. The date to be announced pending the fall color change. I will also plan on carving my other pumpkins and will also carve one with a chainsaw as I did at Algonquin Mill Festival in the past. I will say this may happen the weekend of the 18th for now. Have to check with the family and will be weather dependent. This is only going to be a donut and cider affair which we will provide as well a bonfire will also be provided and a hay ride to the top of the farm to view the fall colors. I will be offering my pumpkins I have carved to any young person interested, to take home and enjoy. This will be done through a drawing. You can also dress up for the occasion if you like and make the most out of it, even though it won’t be on Halloween.




     I hope we can have some interest in this and be able to pin down a firm date in the next week. The reason I am suggesting having it early is to take full advantage of color change, also the weather can surely take a change and a couple of weeks at this time of year can make a difference of rain and snow. Yes folks as I talk about change I did have to mention that four letter word. But here in Ohio by now you should be used to it or not. Either way it’s coming.    
     Maybe you can even come as a toad or a toad dressed as a flower pot, now that's an idea. This guy has been hanging out in the same pot and at times you wouldn't even know he is there, Now that's a costume. 





No comments: