Friday, August 29, 2014

Dundee Falls -are you there?

Dundee Falls, Don’t Think it Exists!!!


structure is in distance barely visible- Beach City wildlife area.  
     In my error, I described a place in the Beach city wildlife area as Duncan Falls when in fact it was Dundee Falls. Really doesn’t matter as I couldn’t find either one. Mom and I took off on what I thought should be a short jaunt to see Dundee falls as Dundee is just down St. Rt. 62 southwest of Canton , Ohio. Cutting through Zoar, Ohio I encountered construction traffic and decided to avoid that by taking Zoar-Dover rd. to Snyders Crossing into the Wilmot area. The scenery was exquisite and the day was beautiful as we passed farms of Amish and traditional farmers as they toiled in their patchwork fields dotting the landscape. At one point we traversed alongside a sandstone ridge I believe that is the impetus of the force behind the waterfalls at Dundee Falls, but still no official waterfall or even signage to that effect. However we did notice a large sandstone face alongside the railroad tracks where there was a lot of graffiti painted on the rocks and I believe this may be a clue as to the waterfalls location.

Clod and Clodette anxiously waiting for my return from wasted trip


     On three different occasions we scoured the Beach city -Dundee area as well as far south as Sugarcreek , before finally being able to input Dundee falls on my phone, whereupon it directed me back to Beach City wildlife area , and an obscure reference point with no actual parking when it is announced I was there at Dundee falls. I had passed that point at least 2 times before and I knew it was about time to drop back and punt and leave it to another day as Mom was beginning to doubt my locational skills.
      I did notice there was a rather strange structure in the middle of the swamp which appeared to be a foundation for something that previously existed or could easily be a docking receptacle for a UFO or alien spacecraft. You know the swamp gas thing. How UFO’s when seen can always be passed off as being swamp gas. Well imagine you are from an extraterrestrial world and you want to make sure you are not found here on our planet. What better place would there be to erect a docking device than in the middle of the Beach City wildlife area. after all they can hide a waterfalls pretty good there  It only makes sense. The strange thing is not so much I can see it and could imagine no good reason for erecting a foundation in the middle of a swamp, but it is there a four-sided structure 30-50 feet from any shore. It took considerable effort to get what appears to be a 20x20 foot structure in the middle of the swamp. Why is it there and what is it for? It is on Google Earth as I looked it up on my puter after returning home last night while also looking for Dundee Falls. although i coul not find the actual waterfalls, I could find the structure which appears as a square from the air and on images associated with Google Earth.

     Apparently this is the portal for Dundee Falls as it seems the locals are in on the ruse of keeping the mystery of Dundee Falls all for themselves. I even went so far as to stop and ask for directions since women say men never ask for directions, but seeing it was my fourth trip in search of the proverbial Dundee Falls, that I felt I needed a locals advice on how to arrive at my much awaited location, so I even stopped at the local Dundee pub and asked the barmaid who gave me excellent repetitive directions to the fabled spot. Recounting the trip twice for me as she turned me one direction and the next to the end of making sure I understood. Apparently I didn’t, as I even with her expert directions I still came up empty handed.

dundee falls portal from above?


     I must have put on fifty miles just searching for Dundee Falls to no avail, and in the end returned empty handed. I have a pretty good idea as to where it is but still I am not quite sure. Was thinking about heading out today to confirm my suspicions? As to the structure I am clueless and would like to hear from anyone who may know what it is all about. Thought maybe it may have to do with a tower for a utility, either telephone or electricity that has been removed leaving the foundation behind. Or just maybe it may be a portal to a vast underground network of alien extraterrestrials posing as Amish citizens. Imagine that, you probably thought that ring of trail bologna was just good food when it may actually be a tracking device for locating stupid humans cleverly disguised as tourists. And it is all centered in the middle of Beach City swamp or wildlife area. Wow I think I am on to something here. After I solve this mystery I plan on finding the beach at Beach city. Beach City was probably just a convenient typo, a lot more sanitized and acceptable by today’s standards, as since there is no beach and plenty of women then one could infer?



      I did manage to do some feather detail on the back of the wings and even rolled the totem over to allow a couple of pics to let you the readers have an idea of how it is going to look. May possibly stand the carving up today alongside the deck on my carving shed. I have some grinding I would like to do before that. Changes in the overall carving will be less dramatic as I am now 98 percent finished carving and I believe I am looking at 17 hours total time in the carving. A little less than 100 per hour if sold at 1600 dollar mark.





No comments: