Wednesday, April 8, 2015

how i get things done

A Little Here a Little There


         Eventually you get to where you want to be. Who has the time to devote to one project that cannot be completed in a couple of hours but instead takes days to complete. To actually devote all of your time 100 percent towards its completion, as I have to have time to live , feed the ducks and chickens dog and cat and myself as well as water plants and daily chores. Then what is the sense of letting everything else go and then play catchup to get a project finished. You just can’t let everything else go and concentrate on one thing. You can do anything, but still you need time to let a project mature as you go along.
      Mature, as I call it is the deviation of a project as you would first envision it. But then once started, matures into reality as you adjust the project to make it work for you. That is what I am really good at it. When I was running equipment, dozers etc. , they , being the contractor’s would show me a set of prints and then tell me to make it work, and I did . I completed several major earth moving jobs where 100000, sq. foot buildings’ now stand or roads where once it was an open field. Yards and fine grading around buildings is where I could shine as my eye was pretty good and I can make water drain that at times it looked like it was running up hill,and in fact would be draining which was the sole purpose of what I was doing, as well as look nice.
     In effect this is the same principle I use when carving or doing any project. But here at home I have the ability to work a little here and there until the project is complete. Some jobs just never seem to be completed and are constantly changing as I go along. I never had intention of buying a greenhouse, or in fact getting into tree planting had it not be for an auction where a landscaper was selling out , and I ended up with a bunch of shrubs in pots and other landscape equipment. One thing led to another and the next thing I knew I was bidding on a greenhouse at another auction and then ended up with that. It has been a learning process I enjoy, and is or will never be over with as I go along the rest of my life.


      The trees I plant now will be with me the rest of my life as I can now see that they will or should surely outlive me as I plant or sell them. So in effect for all the bad I do in life , times where I tore out trees, or just never replaced in terms of paper or wood products , can easily be replaced, as any trees I plant now will help make up the difference as they will be around long after I go. This is an example of a project that I will never be done with, just like the greenhouse this project is evolving all the time. I have managed to pick up the lace vine from the floor of the greenhouse where it just kind of took over, part of the lacevine will be used as a privacy fence I am erecting around the swimming pool as part of my vertical garden wall I am erecting with my plants. The other lace vine will be used as part of a garden entrance I am planning on building at the entrance to the yard path from the greenhouse. These are all works in progress, a little being done day in, day out. Alitle here a little there as I go along in time. My plans I have now may not be my final plans or make much consequence to what finally ends up but instead is part of the maturing process.
     My only thought about the whole thing is to think about as I go along and just keep doing it, an wait for what ends up and go from there. Make changes but just keep doing it and enjoy the rewards. Some projects never end and one should never expect them to. If they do then maybe your time also may be limited or your ability to make a difference has been exploited and you are drained. I can hardly believe that one can never be done, and I hope to keep trying to make a difference and not accept defeat. Change is good.

         

No comments: