Monday, March 24, 2014

get out of here- unless you like nature

Trespassing



      This is something I am pretty passionate about as I like my space as it is and not trampled on as some people who feel they have a right to do, often do and without regard to anyone else’s objections. As if they have a right to invade your space.
     Yes, yes , you are going to go back to some previous blog where I said we all shared the resources of this big beautiful blue planet,  and why when our family has so much and others little isn’t it right to take what you need. We have paid for the privilege of owning land by purchasing and paying taxes and taking our hard work and time to make it work for us. You were not there to help or share in the pain and sorrow owning something that ultimately helps do in your family members, by trying to hold on to what our family has .
    I  paid with the sweat on my brow as most of my family members had as  I stood along with them  in hot hayfields loading hay on a hay wagon, hoping you finish before that big storm coming over the hill drenches you and ruins your days’ worth of work. Working harder and sweating harder. , I don’t remember seeing you on the hay wagon asking to help out. This is how I paid for the right to say it is ours and keep your feet off. Unless you ask.
      Now if you ask I may still tell you no . No mushroom hunting, no hunting on this property, and no spraying, or GMO seed that I am aware of, all that of course is something I would hope no one ever does. Now if you want to just come and sit under a tree in the shade and admire the beauty of the earth and all it has provided for us here on earth in our little piece of Ohio and how much more it could mean to us all in the future if we just let it be.  I know that when I am gone I have little to say about anything, but while I am alive and have the ability to make the decisions I vote in favor of nature.


   i will sic my dog and her stick on you

         I have done damage to the environment as boys will play with toys and earth is my sandbox. Thinking dozers and big earth moving equipment was the answer to feeding the masses. Plowing those fields and raping nature was a necessary action to take to fold and bend the rest of the environment into what we as humans’ think is best. Me with grandiose dreams of how farming will be in the future as we need to meet the need to feed millions and billions more, 7 billion and counting. We don’t. We let nature take care of it. Why raise kids when you know they are going to die? Fundamental questions we must ask ourselves someday? So you need to understand not every piece of land can be devoted to feeding humans without the consequence of killing off nature, and upsetting the food chain. I am sure before we get that far, we will be eating each other.  Solyent green. Seems as if I just said that in a previous blog. So if I save a piece and leave it better than when I found it, then I have done my job as farmer and caretaker of the land. I do it by letting nature do as it should and just be there without anyone interfering, and that means trespassers included as I could care less if a four wheeler is I growing out your ass and is your only form of enjoying nature or getting exercise. .
    I don’t mind if someone asks me to sit under a shade tree, feel the sun on their face, smell the fresh cut hay. Watch the bees swarm around the hive. These are all things we all should be enjoying as we take time to smell the roses. Our time is not to hurry about but instead understand our place in nature by getting back to it. Heck yes it’s hot out there but you slap on a straw hat with flappy sides and transform yourself into a hick and just enjoy yourself with that straw stuck out of the side of your mouth. Come and enjoy. I have no problem with that. The mushrooms and the deer are resources we have, and one may never know, but may need to feed us, and who knows neighbors and friends in the future if we really need it. If we take it now when we don’t really need it what will be there in the future?
      How can you tell when you are trespassing? Very simple folks. If you didn’t ask stay the heck out. Number 2; is if you didn’t pay for it with cash or the sweat off your brow or with family member’s hard work before you stay the heck out. Number 3;  if when you look at your feet and know in your mind you have never been there before and are quite sure you have never contacted anyone or tried to figure out if you have a right to tread there, then hesitate and turn your butt around. As in my situation, as someone who really doesn’t want you there,   and I am sure most people would agree with me, that you really don’t need to be going there. So get the hell out.



No comments: