Monday, March 31, 2014

way to much , a superfluous expectation of creative insanity.

Superfluous




     
            Being more than enough, excessive, and this included my pronunciation of super –flu –ous , as opposed to    sue perf-e- less , in fact when the word surfaced in my mind I actually referred to it by the first pronunciation and later corrected it in my mind to the second pronunciation although the spelling never changed, as I have had issues with this word before to an excessive amount. Hope you followed all that. Sorry folks these last couples of blogs haven’t been for you, instead for me as I grapple with some vocabulary issues here running rampant in my head.
         Conflagration was a word I had used before successfully, as no one actually said I used it wrong, and this was before the last blog, or readership was low and you just passed over it.  Or mostly I would like to believe you were trying to find out the real meaning of what I was trying to say. It was in an earlier blog and may have been in “Trip to Sequoia,” as Guy and Darla are driving through the firestorm in the Road Warrior. I just remember using it and checking it out through the dictionary and out of that encounter that I may have come up on it.
        Then out of the blue a conflagration of burning desire to come up with a new blog after my World Trade piece was set to mold forever in the confines of the digital palace which it now resides in, that it hit me as I was starting to write and conflagration came out of nowhere. I checked it out and sure enough wrote the blog conflagration.
      So yesterday I saw on an ad from a personal site of a woman who needed to be brusque about what she wanted.
      Now I had an idea of what brusque meant and when I heard it I needed to make sure of the pronunciation and to assure that my definition of brusque matched hers and it did,  as if all that matters to you as one superfluous or brusque  sounds like another superfluous and brusque, if you are reading it. But when you talk to yourself and pronounce these words you sure don’t want to sound like a frigging idiot, as it kind of lowers your self-esteem. So pronunciation is obviously an OCD- obsessive compulsive disorder, issue with me. Some people collect, cars, thimbles, cats, and I collect words and at scary times like this, I just climb down a dusty cobwebbed hallway in the back of my mind that is stacked to the ceiling with a multitude of verbs and adjectives and dust one off and bring it back out to the light and try and use it again in some superfluous way. Just the mere mention of brusque invoked in me a creative desire to possibly incorporate it into my blog also and hence yesterday’s blog about brusque.
     So out of conflagration of events that led to this brusque confession of how I write and what really drives me you will find not anything of it being purpose driven, as it is really no big thing. A superfluous chain of events built on chance and happenstance. I take a simple topic and build on it as if I actually might have planned a few of these blogs. There is no outline, just an idea. Sometimes it works, and then sometimes you never know.
        Today I promised to move on as my title suggests as this word association thing is getting a bit superfluous or is it superfluous at this point. Instead I started going there again in my mind and at one point I figured I would copy it on to a post it and then save it for a future blog. Much the same as I saved my World Trade blog. Truth is I can never find that stuff when I am looking for ideas to write and so I figured I would write a few lines and the next thing you know I am here , writing and telling you the reader all I have to say about these words and promise you to move on tomorrow to a new subject . So in some superfluous way I managed to explain, the why and how, now I need to sum up. The end.


or is it?



No comments: