Friday, January 10, 2014

Another Goal Met!!!




      Yesterday I managed to receive 20000 page views for my blog. So far it has taken me a little less of 1 year to accomplish this.  It happened in 357 days and it averages out to about 56 page views per blog. That is 56 different people would click on my blog page and I would try to entertain you the reader  and learn how to write stories , give to many opinions, draw pictures, and try to have some fun and enjoy myself .
     There may be 56 people out there, more on some days less on others, that have taken time to be with my writings, but when I am sitting here writing, alone by chance with my thoughts, trying to stick to the plan somewhere in my head of how and where I am going with the subject at hand. I try to formulate those words I think you may want to hear, of a subject that interests you, with a plot or plan of how to relay all this information in a concise manner, after all that is what storytelling is all about. And in some ways, that is all I am doing relaying information on something, whatever the topic of the day.
     I like visual things like pictures and drawings for those who couldn’t imagine. And even for those that can. Some of my most memorable stories were from my youth. When Tommy and Susie ran off to the old boat house down by the lake, because Tommy saw Scruffy nose his way in the rotted old door. Tommy ran up on the deck of the pontoon walkway leading to the old boathouse and yelled out for Scruffy. Tommy heard a yelp and then a large splash noise from behind the old door. Then there was no more noise from inside the boat house.



       Tommy looked at Susie and “ I can’t let Scruffy die Susie . You go run for help. As Susie ran over the hill she looked back to see Tommy just squeezing through the partly open door of the old boat house.  Susie started crying as she hard as she could as she started running and sobbing as she went for the old farm house with its lights starting to glimmer in the early evening hours.
       Tommy squeezed through the door and there was Frankie holding Scruffy and his sister Ann, in the dark of the boat house a candle glowed on a shelf and illuminated Ann’s face and she was smiling a wide smile and said to Tommy
      I thought you would never get rid of Susie now we can kiss.  Tommy smiled and took Ann’s hand and leaned over to kiss her.
     Yes those were the good old books that taught us real life examples in our formative years. Life lessons to be learned. Like Susie for instance, we learned Tommy was an ass and a womanizer with nothing in life as sacred, but was typical of women’s impressions of how a man will act when one or more females are in his company. One more thing, Susie may have friends and best friends but Ann, Tommy, or Frankie would never be considered on a list of friends if she ever finds out what Tommy is doing to her behind her back. Never trust no one especially Tommy, Ann, Frankie and most of all Scruffy. That damn traitor Scruffy.
     These innocent stories would send my mind reeling and was a relief from my own life as reading was like a drug to me. Authors would verbalize creating action to be accentuated with adjectives sometimes so rare and precise as to invoke a mind to feel as if he is really there in that time and place. This is what I try to do. Tell you a story and try the best I can, because in the scheme of things, of those 56 page views there actually were 57 and that was me. I am the toughest critic and most sarcastic of all to view and at times hard to please and other times easy going. Prefer the latter over the former.
       Of course thanks to all my loyal readers, if I had only 357 viewers instead of 20000, then this might be a sign to move on as the title suggests. But you give me hope and encouragement as this might be something I need to improve upon. Never said I was good, just good at it and there is always room for improvement. Thanks again everyone. Also I will celebrate again on my 365 th blog also in 8 days hopefully.







No comments: