Wednesday, January 1, 2014

plans?


Plans for 2014
Happy New Year to All





    As we move into this new year it is time of reflection and planning, setting new goals based on your last year’s performance and other factors you may have not have planned on. Some things work and some things don’t. So it is the time to sit and reflect on those things that do and quit wasting time on things that don’t. You can basically apply this to all aspects of your life, including your personal relationships with those you care about and focus on those that care and support your endeavors. More specifically, I am looking at expanding and concentrating on the landscape and nursery business here on the family farm.
    I will be raising plants to sit out. Will have a variety of tomato and pepper plants, as well as other garden varieties to a limited extent for sale this year, and I would much rather you contact me via my email or follow the leads on the blog or my website and now I have added a another Facebook page I think you can leave me messages in the form of posts or regular messages telling me what you want raised to plant. Rather than waste time and resources overplanting trying to guess what everyone wants it is much more efficient preparing what you need.  Look through you seed catalogs and tree information and request plants you would like to buy for 2014. I am looking to have an open house on mother’s day again this year and will try to have food music and a chance to pick up your plants and hanging baskets for the next season. I am hoping to be better organized although I didn’t do too badly for my first year.
    I intend to advertise and market better as it was all I could do to keep up with everything last year. I plan on using help more readily come spring and increase my ability to offer more goods and services. My hours outside of mother’s day when I plan on having my open house will be by apt. it is impossible to make much money having someone sit around and wait for customers to come and visit at will. Call ahead and I will schedule either myself or one of my regular help to be available for your visit.
     I have trees and trees, this year and in a wider variety already potted and ready to plant at cheap prices. From arbor vitae to pines to maples to oaks and will be looking into getting for this year. Weeping willows, giant sequoia, weeping cherry, and apples, but I am always open to new varieties you may want to buy on the cheap. Have some shrubs and perennials but intend to add to what I have establishing perennial garden beds for fresh cut flowers, and bulbs for propagation. The overall emphasis will be on reestablishing working relationship between your wants and growing out the plants you would like to see in your landscape plans.  
      This year I plan on changing the landscaping here on the farm around the yard, creating walking paths and along these paths will install new flower beds and carvings in settings I think they should be in. Will try to get my topsoil screener up and operating and be able to offer topsoil mixed with compost and sand to make an ideal soil for your potting or garden needs , all natural and screened with manure added is composted a minimum of 3 times to assure a complete pathogen kill and complete disintegration of organic compost . I won’t produce nothing I wouldn’t use myself and I am picky. I will be able to load your pickup or bin here at the farm, or deliver with my truck to your residence.

     Like everyone else I made plans for last year, some worked and others didn’t. And in some ways I have come to the conclusion that life is a series of getting it right and getting it wrong. You would always like everything to work out, but then you would just change the game plan come next year till you have it right , and then when you get it right , you wonder what to do next. Not trying to down play the importance of plans but somewhere in all this we have to get something out of all this and that is enjoying what I do. I strongly urge you to plant and seed, reap the harvest, but when the fancy strikes you, sit and smell the roses. Life is always to short. Have a blessed New Year. kev

No comments: