Monday, May 25, 2015

open house prices in effect till june 6, 2015

Open House is Over



       The bear is given away, and the food was great thanks to my friend Linda Davila,  who thinks of all the little things I forget, and to all the people who attended I give my thanks for your generosity in my endeavors here at the farm. The straw bale garden seemed to be a success as well as my potato and tomato towers and I will keep you informed as to how well each of these turn out.
      It was low key and I had a good time talking politics as well as my ideas on agriculture with the folks who attended. I am sorry I didn’t give any carving demonstrations although, I was set up for that as well as a hay ride , but interest in doing either wasn’t really there. And to be quite honest, again I had worn myself out getting prepared for open house, so that I was just tuckered out. It happens, and I am just now recovering from all that I did. Damn I must be getting old.
     My friend Lorne Gintz and his family received the bear in the giveaway which mom had drawn their name from. Anyhow we all say around and talked and the farm was in great shape , being well manicured thanks to help from my brother in law Mike, and foir whom I send out a big thank you.
     I will be open for the next 2 weeks and will have plenty of trees available as well as some hanging baskets. From here on through the rest of the summer my focus will shift to building my bandsaw to cut lumber from reclaimed wood here on the farm as well as making hay. I also plan on starting the foundation of my new addition to my house. I will have plenty to keep me busy here on the farm. I plan on writing about my process as I go along, as I have heard from folks an interest in what I am doing and hope that you will follow along as I go about my building process.

     It is getting close to the time when you should postpone tree planting till later in the summer as we are headed into the drier season where you would have to haul water to keep your tree alive. If you still want trees though I will have them available anytime by calling me at my number and making a request. For specialty trees, I can get ahold of most anything and get it started for you if you would like. Just let me know.  The same with shrubs and perennials, I can only afford to carry so much at one time but would try and get what you ned if not for this season then next. Thanks to all who attended my open house. I appreciate it. 

No comments: