Saturday, February 8, 2014

colder than a witches tit

And Yet Another Cold One





      Reminds me of a girl I used to know. So anyone who knows me instantly tries to figure out who the lucky woman is that I am referring to and there isn’t one.  Instead was taking literary advantage of my title. Some deserve the honor, but I will silently hold my grudges till I die, never to divulge their true identities, and just make sure their beings are never in my presence the rest of my life. Still the chill of the outside sends shivers up my spine much like they did at times in my life.

and yes they really are cold!!!!

      I admire Sisssy Spacek’s acting abilities but at the same time if ever given the opportunity to date her, slim to none, I would have a hard time forgetting the part she played in ‘Carrie’. In fact I think I have dated a few Carrie’s along the way. Oh my I am getting myself in deeper as I go along here; maybe I need to change the subject title of this blog. It is funny how the mind tends to associate certain things with events affecting our lifestyle. This cold hard winter would not nearly be as bad had I someone to share it with, then, maybe these thoughts of ex’s from the opposite sex would not come to mind so frequently.



     Daily I trudge outside and embrace the elements trying to see the beauty of nature and understand that it is necessary to try and erase with white the damage done by humans. That the white of winter and the snow erases all traces of humans and leaves the landscape as spotless as if someone was trying to undo all the damage humans have done. And in some ways it works as I look outside after a snow fall and can barely see where the road ends and the trails begin. How the snow hangs from the eaves of the house as it tries to bury any trace of where we as humans have been. The virgin shapes and mounds of hills untracked upon, takes on a surreal perspective of what we have come to know so well. The glistening of the frozen rain catching and reflecting light in the trees accentuates the curves and beauty of the frozen winter breath.  To make our instruments of nature’s destruction useless in this frozen landscape. To this end I am talking of cars and trucks as the snow piles up and makes travel harder, or not worthwhile as it is easier to just stay at home than it is to brave the outdoors.


    The winter is a time when we reflect on how our life is evolving and it is times like this we relish our ability to tough it out up north. When we know summer is coming fast down south and soon there will be naked bodies on a beach. Still these images are shattered by massive traffic jams in southern cities as we laugh at how paralyzing a winter burst can really be to those not accustomed to it. How they have to migrate north in the summer to avoid the bugs and pestilence of the deep south, that the deep freezes up here amply provide enough killing force to, and allows them to keep them under control. Soon we too will be on the beach or in a boat enjoying all the South has to offer, except the variety of the seasons we experience up north. We are a hardy breed, and can only laugh at the minor inconvenience they experience when encountering our weather. I guess we just know with confidence that it will; not always be like this in fact this is Ohio , give it ten minutes its bound to change. Our state motto. 

No comments: