Sunday, February 16, 2014

kinda hard to type with cold fingers!

Is this about Enough or What?



    I understand the importance of having a good winter and how it relates to agriculture, hydrology, and for those that still can enjoy the recreational pleasure a good snow will bring on. But lately I am tired of just being cold and hurting all the time. I need some warmth and some melting. I have snow piled alongside my greenhouse over 5 feet high where it has slid off the top of the greenhouse. No sooner than I pack down a path another snow comes along and obscures any traces of where I have been. And it is snowing again outside now.
     I have huge snow drifts and the lane is a narrow path with sides so deep that if we get a significant snow fall I will have to push the sides of the road back to just get the snow off. My solar lights are barely visible above the snow and sometimes still catch enough daylight to light for a few hours in the evening but it is still a neat sight to see.

     Please feed the birds where ever you are as the snow is so deep that foraging for food is undoubtedly harder than ever before. You must also start watching your roofs of your houses and garages for snow sheeting off a slick roof along with ice sickles that could hurt you if they fall far enough. I just saw this the other day in Wooster as snow sheeting off a metal roof was perched precariously over the man door to the building. The people working there were totally unaware of the danger. Look up and check before entering a structure.


     Kind of senseless to try and heat the greenhouse just yet for seed planting and growing,  but I am well under way for planning this year’s growing season. Will have some new ideas on container gardening and intend to have grown tomatoes in pots big enough for you to take home and hopefully enjoy fresh tomatoes earlier than anyone else . Have a wider variety of trees available including some nice redbuds trees already started at very reasonable prices.
     If you have any requests then hit me up on Facebook, or on my email at kdavis3051@yahoo.com if you want something special grown out for you. Time is of the essence and need to have your orders in soon. Making a trip to order plants next week, so let me know if you want something. Unless it is a big order I won’t need any money up front, and will try and have plants ready for Mother’s day at earliest.

   If you have a special shrub tree or perennial you can’t find, let me have the information on it and I will scour my seed catalogues and internet and try to find the best deal for you. Anyhow hope you are still planning on a great summer and figure you may appreciate a few hot humid days after all this.  

No comments: