Tuesday, September 10, 2013

trip to sequoia -ch. 39 cont.

Ch. 39 (cont.)





    We unhooked the CJ-5 Jeep and I pulled the charred remains of the rag top off and I stuffed it in a garbage bag. After taking that off the Jeep didn’t look too bad but still needed some work on the seats. Deb thought her dad had a pair of bucket seats to go back into it if she could find them. I climbed into the Jeep and drove it around the gas station to the rear of the building where she had another garage to work on things. I hooked the jeep up to a small trailer with a plastic tank that deb had installed in the rear of it to accommodate the effluent from the Road Warrior. This I hauled back around to the Road Warrior and we soon had that hooked to the Road Warrior’s hitch. Then I parked the jeep around the back of the garage till deb had a chance to work on it.
   Next was hooking up the lines to the tank. Deb grabbed her sawzall and was soon under the Road Warrior and was soon cutting the old tank free as it dropped out of the hole it was in and then I noticed what looked like another of those damn transponders or GPS units that allowed people to follow me.
    It was embedded in the burned plastic and looked like it had to be the work of someone besides Leann as it was in a location that would be hard to attach anything to and could only have been accessed by technicians from someplace like Dealing Dans. Still can’t figure out what it was he was wanting so bad, but would worry about it  later . I drug the tank to the rear of Deb’s garage, after cutting the GPS unit out of the plastic. It was small and round and had a magnetic base that attached to the straps of the tank securing it to the vehicle. Look as I may,  I still would have never found it as it was securely hidden.  
    Deb looked like she knew what she was doing on the tank repairs, so I climbed up the ladder and checked out the satellite feed on top of the Road Warrior. I found the  burned out wire and was able to pull more out from inside from an access panel the original installers used to access the roof area and soon reattached the wire to the satellite and  had the satellite up and working to Darla’s approval . Within minutes she was sending a full report to Lee and Ann . An email  came back from Lee and Ann asking if we were ok and Darla said we were. That we were fixing the Road Warrior to make it to San Francisco and then we would be able to find an RV dealer to make final repairs .And that the Road Warrior looked rough but was still functioning . Ann and Lee said their cruise was going great and still anticipated meeting us on Labor Day at the General Sherman tree in Sequoia National Park. Darla said she was looking forward to meeting them there also.
    Shucks I thought I was kinda hoping to be rid of the PIA or pain in ass  as I called her . Cute as she was she kind of fell out of my grace after bitching at me about those damn pajamas with the footies . When cleaning out the Jeep, Deb and I came across them as I threw them in the back of the Jeep determined to not leave any mess behind on the road except the used toilet paper. I even scooted that  across the roadway  to the side with my shoe . Anyhow deb asked me about pajamas  and I told her how the flames were going and I needed something to beat out the flames and grabbed her flannel pajamas and proceeded to play fireman with them finally beating the flames down before it exploded the gas tank.
     Deb laughed as I told how I shoved them in the toilet and drug the mess across the floor and out the door.
   “Normally, you would have been her hero if you would have used a towel, or anything but the flannel, Guy.  You never use a woman’s flannel for anything but the woman’s protection. That is why they like it so well Deb said as he was laughing. Nothing says no sex like flannel and sometimes women wear it as flag to signal you to that.  I have never been much of a flannel woman but instead preferred thongs and nothing to flannel anytime, but there are those women who insist even in the middle of the summertime to don a flannel nightgown or even a shirt to go to bed with a someone. You should have known better than to touch her flannel.” Deb laughed as she said that.
    Well I did I must admit I did  know better and after seeing her wear it the night before, io guess I saw it as an opportunity to rid myself of that one piece of security night wear. Besides if I had done nothing it would have went up in flames anyhow.” I said in my defense.
     Deb laughed and said. “No wonder I sensed some hostility between you two. So you just met her on this trip did you .”
   I said yes and explained all that had went on; including what Darla was like before the flannel incident.
   “She felt violated and when you get to San Francisco you need to find a store and attempt to replace her flannel. Guy I am telling you. It will never be right till you do.” Deb said
   “I was kind of hoping after seeing her true colors she might return home but I guess she is intent on seeing this thing through. Oh well. I am just along for the ride now and determine to make it to see the Giant Sequoias as well.” I stated  
    “Well Guy they are magnificent and the General Sherman tree is the largest tree in the world as well as in the plant kingdom. You won’t believe it . I have made the trip several times and will hope to see it again. It isn’t that bad for men to visit since I live in California.” Deb remarked .
     With the satellite finished , and work progressing on the sewer and Darla having some entertainment with being able to access the internet again, things were improving in the ways of life for us Road Warriorites. For some reason even the step that opens when the door is opened began working again . I hooked a hose to the Road Warrior and soon we were testing our sewer tank trailer out as you could see the effluent enter the tank through the hose and splash in the bottom of the tank. We still couldn’t go anywhere as the road appeared to still be closed and fires were imminent up and down Highway 101. Darla came out of the road warrior to inform us of this , after watching a news report and braving the heat to tell us what was going on. Besides we still needed to work on the generator next as we were borrowing electricity from deb to run the AC. But it was dark thirty and we needed a break at least Deb and I did.
    I was amazed at what Deb knew about mechanics and hardly had to suggest anything to her. Instead she led me through the repairs suggesting things she had to make our job easier. We had our full complement of tires and now we have the ability to shower an wash and dry clothes and cook and wash dishes. The Road Warrior was coming alive by the minute. Darla did kick in and cook all three of us a nice dinner which we shared under the burned and scorched awning on the table concealed in the Road Warriors belly .Darla suggested a campfire but we opted for a propane burner sitting on the table instead watching the blue flame dance in the night air as I was afraid of a repeat of the last days events. I could imagine the fire getting out of control and wiping out Deb’s place and setting her little terrier on fire as it ran down the road after the Road Warrior smoking after being left alone in its little box inside the old gas station.  No good can come out of a fire at this point and besides Darla already said that was her only pair of flannel pajamas with footies she owned. Besides, how would I ever be able to put out another fire with debs thong.
    When I told the women of my fears even Darla laughed and we had a good time imagining all that would go on and all seemed content watching the blue flames dance from the propane burner’s orifices.
    I had taken a shower earlier and really appreciated being able to clean myself again and I could see where Darla had managed to clean up where I slopped the pajamas across the kitchen floor inside. A slight smell of burned rubber still hung in the air inside the Road Warrior as all three of us came inside and watched a movie sitting on the couch. I was tired and nodded off as Deb returned inside her home and Darla finished watching the movie and then woke me up to go to bed as she retired to her bedroom and closed the door. I stripped down to my boxers and laid on the couch bed with the bar in the middle of my back and imagined how Darla was sleeping nude now and deb was in her bed comfy in her flannel pajamas laughing at Darla and her misfortune.
    


        
   


No comments: