Wednesday, September 25, 2013

trip to sequoia - ch. 46 and 47 the end to the book


Ch.46
Conclusion

      “The end for the general Sherman tree is sometime in the future as all good things will end. Of course history says if it lasted thirty five hundred years then chances are it may last the same amount again if we humans will allow such an event to happen. It may easily be one of the last living things standing on earth. I mean after all, look  at us as humans, we  have easily manipulated the weather and now are threatening the polar bears with extinction, we will soon open up a northern passage between Canada and the North Pole to more easily and efficiently ship oil and LP gas to China.thanks to global warming. So what is in store for the next 100 years?”  I said as I was toasted at the Waksuchi Lodge. I could see a person grimacing as the reality of what I was saying was coming to light.
    We had left the General Sherman and all the fires were out as they scoured the area around the general Sherman for anything that would spark a fire. And then they wet down the whole area around the base with a fire hose after the crowd died down. All our gear was stored back in the  Jeep and I wrote Deb a check for the work done on the Jeep and asked her to join us in our dinner celebration at the Waksuchi Lodge. Ann also gave Deb the Ford Escape, saying she no longer felt the need to escape with Lee anymore as they were headed back to Ohio . There they would find them a place close to mine around Stockport and would start another farm with Lee as he was tiring of living in hotels and the high life. All he wanted was a new John Deere with a buddy seat for Ann. Darla and I are still commissioned to spend Ann’s money and accumulate farm land and preserve it. I am sure we will have some down time since seeing the Sequoias and the General Sherman tree we deserve some time to run home and grab Babe, my dog  back from my friends .
     It all seemed like it was coming to a close as we finished our dinner and I shook hands with people.  Darla and I went outside to our fully laden Jeep complete with our equipment , to head down the mountain to the Road Warrior at the Potwisha Campground. Deb stayed at the lodge as she was going to take Ann and Lee to the airport and then return to her house after they spent a couple of more days exploring the Sierra Nevada’s.
     Darla and I climbed into the Jeep and started heading down the mountain and soon we were pulling into the Potwisha Campground. As we came around the corner to where we had left the Road Warrior, the lot was empty. I had to stop the Jeep right in the middle of the road and check the lot number.
      Darla says. “Oh no, they stole all my flannel!”
      As instantly she realized the Road Warrior and all our clothes as well as Ann’s computer and everything was gone including any pictures we took. It was all gone. And all she was worried about was her warm fuzzy night clothes. Just didn’t seem right.
    Someone had stole the complete Road Warrior this time, took everything while I was hanging in the General Sherman tree saving it. The only thing we had left was the climbing equipment and that was because we were using it. A thought came to mind as I imagined Darla with her new bed clothes as I strap her in a climbing  harness naked since she lost all her flannel  and suspend her from the ceiling on hooks . Hmmmmm this may not be all bad. Darla sees a big smile come to my face. As I say to her.
     “Let’s head back up the mountain and call the police from the Waksuchi Lodge I doubt we will see that thing again tonight. “
     Darla says. “Aren’t you mad?”
     “Darla they can have it all including your flannel your flannel. All I need is you.” I said.
     “ But they will make more.” Darla warned me.
      “I guess I just need to keep you so busy you won’t have time to shop for more. Or want to.”I said as I kissed her,then pulling her to me tight against my body. 
    We laughed as she knew what I meant and soon we were headed back to the Waksuchi Lodge.

Ch. 47
Road Warrior’s Demise

    “Wow it’s a good thing I found you.” Dealing Dan says.
   “Shut up and just give me that damn money you promised me. I had a hell of a time getting that damn thing and I don’t know why you would want it, it has been through hell.” Said Leann
    “I have my reasons. It seems when my wife and I was visiting Mexico, I found out they had stashed drugs in the frame of that thing and I sold it to Ann before I knew what they did. It supposedly has over a quarter million in cocaine in the frame.”
     “You mean I have been driving around in a stolen vehicle with a quarter million in drugs in the frame. How much are you paying me ? A lousy ten thousand dollars for all this. Wow I think the price just went up. “
     “Damn Leann you are hard to deal with.” Dealing Dan said.  
    “Well I have doctor bills to pay. Life moves on.  Fuck it all.” Leann says.
The End
   


     



No comments: